BENEFITS OF ZERODOR
- Accounting changes. In order to avoid raising taxes, communities are shifting the costs of supplying and maintaining water systems from property taxes to utility bills.
- Demographics. The areas of the country that are now growing the fastest are the same ones facing the greatest water challenges.
- Reduced access to clean water. The number of rivers, streams, lakes, and other water sources that can be accessed has been reduced in the past few years due to pollution and related issues.
- Climate change. Increased reduction of fresh water table to support human health, food, and energy needs.
- Supply and demand. Basic economic is playing a role. As supplies dwindle, costs go up. This applies to water as well.
- Waterless urinals can save between 15,000 and 45,000 US gallons (57,000 and 170,000 l) of water per urinal per year, depending on the amount of water used in the water-flushed urinal for comparison purposes, and the number of uses per day.
HOW DOES ZERODOR WORK?
- Hydrolysis of urea present in human urine generates odor in urinals. The enzyme urease hydrolyses urea into ammonia and carbamate. The latter compound decomposes spontaneously to carbonic acid and a second molecule of ammonia. The overall reaction can be represented as
- NH2(CO)NH2 + 2H20 → NH3 + NH4+ + HCO3-
- Ammonia (NH3) is a colorless gas with a pungent odor. Ammonia exists naturally in air at levels between one part and five parts per billion (ppb) of air (OSHA, 2003). The normal human detection level of ammonia is approximately 50 ppm, some people can detect ammonia gas concentrations as low as 20 ppm (Source: UCLA and BioContractors, 2000).
Once the urine passes through the drain and the odour evolves the float valve will have enough weight to block the odour from refluxing back in the water closet. As the float is hand moulded out of polymeric material it does not have ageing.
INSTALLING & MAINTENANCE
In the past three years, over 10000 installations have indicated that there is zero failure in the mechanism. In a couple of cases, due to miss-handling of the ball valve while cleaning has lead to a puncture of the ball. This was replaced immediately within an hour. At an affordable cost, replacement unit of 3 pieces per unit can also be stocked to tackle emergencies.
The Aerobic composting is carried out with the help of Oxygen that is why shuffling or mixing is necessary.
No, if the Brown waste is not to be included and Vegetable waste is cut manually then shredder is not required (Food waste is always cut before cooking ),In that case cocopeat can be added as a moderator.