BENEFITS OF ZERODOR
- Accounting changes. In order to avoid raising taxes, communities are shifting the costs of supplying and maintaining water systems from property taxes to utility bills.
- Demographics. The areas of the country that are now growing the fastest are the same ones facing the greatest water challenges.
- Reduced access to clean water. The number of rivers, streams, lakes, and other water sources that can be accessed has been reduced in the past few years due to pollution and related issues.
- Climate change. Increased reduction of fresh water table to support human health, food, and energy needs.
- Supply and demand. Basic economic is playing a role. As supplies dwindle, costs go up. This applies to water as well.
- Waterless urinals can save between 15,000 and 45,000 US gallons (57,000 and 170,000 l) of water per urinal per year, depending on the amount of water used in the water-flushed urinal for comparison purposes, and the number of uses per day.
- Saves water
- No power required
- No consumable cartridge
- Low in maintenance
- No flushing required
- Easy to clean
- Fresh and odor-free
- Cost effective
- No chemical
- No recurring cost
- Retrofit into most existing urinals
- Reduces load on your sewer
- Helps reducing BOD and COD on your sewage treatment
Waterless urinals can save anything between 57,000 and 170,000 liters (15,000 and 45,000 US gallons) of water per urinal per year, depending on the amount of water used in the water-flushed urinal for comparison purposes, and the number of uses per day.
HOW DOES ZERODOR WORK?
- Hydrolysis of urea present in human urine generates odor in urinals. The enzyme urease hydrolyses urea into ammonia and carbamate. The latter compound decomposes spontaneously to carbonic acid and a second molecule of ammonia. The overall reaction can be represented as
- NH2(CO)NH2 + 2H20 → NH3 + NH4+ + HCO3-
- Ammonia (NH3) is a colorless gas with a pungent odor. Ammonia exists naturally in air at levels between one part and five parts per billion (ppb) of air (OSHA, 2003). The normal human detection level of ammonia is approximately 50 ppm, some people can detect ammonia gas concentrations as low as 20 ppm (Source: UCLA and BioContractors, 2000).
Once the urine passes through the drain and the odour evolves the float valve will have enough weight to block the odour from refluxing back in the water closet. As the float is hand moulded out of polymeric material it does not have ageing.
INSTALLING & MAINTENANCE
Cleaning and Maintenance of Zerodor Waterless Urinals are very easy and can be done without any expertise. Please refer to the video for detailed maintenance process and frequency.
The AMC may be renewed from year to year subject to rendering of satisfactory services and fulfilling the terms and conditions.
One should use live bacteria and Enzyme based cleaners to clean any sort of sanitation areas. The cleaners advertised heavily by most of the consumer products companies have heavy amount of acid or alkali. This acid or alkali will kill waste decaying bacteria and also increase Biological oxygen on demand / Chemical Oxygen Demand of sewer. You tend to spend more with higher cost or sewage treatments with high acid and alkali based chemicals.
For Zerodor, it is made out of CPVC and ABS plastics. No commercially available chemicals will harm it in short period of contacts.
In the past three years, over 10000 installations have indicated that there is zero failure in the mechanism. In a couple of cases, due to miss-handling of the ball valve while cleaning has lead to a puncture of the ball. This was replaced immediately within an hour. At an affordable cost, replacement unit of 3 pieces per unit can also be stocked to tackle emergencies.
- Zerodor comes with standard one year repair or replacement warranty. We will provide you any spares required in this one year apart from keys and brush which has to be maintained as accessory. This is a static product and has the float as only moving part. We have tested its life for last 3 years with all harsh cleaning chemicals. Unless physically damaged while handling or cleaning there is nothing that gets damaged just like our regular CPVC piping for drainage. We recommend to check sealing joints every 2 years as it may leak due to end of life of sealants used.
- Spares are available at very minimal cost of product and handling charges after the warranty periods.
A major advantage of Zerodor Waterless Urinals is that, to state the obvious, they do not use any water. If urinals are not flushed with water, there is no limescale entering the waste pipes and therefore nothing for the urine to combine with. Instead of hard scale, untreated and static urine eventually forms a soft sludge. In addition, hair and other debris inevitably enters the wastepipes and attract fats in urine, forming the sludge. This can also cause blockages and stinks, but is considerably easier to combat than the combination of urine and limescale.
Zerodor Waterless Urinal systems seek to avoid the problems of sludge build-up by trying to ensure the urine flows quickly through the urinal waste pipes to the main drain, often referred to as “the stack”. In order to ensure ‘free flow’, the trap or u-bend usually found under the urinal is replaced with a right angled pipe so that urine and debris cannot collect. For this method to work well, waste pipework should be near to perfect in terms of the gradient (fall) towards the stack. Moreover, it is important to have clean pipes connected together without any ridges behind which urine and debris can collect. Having numerous right-angled connectors to reach the stack is not recommended.
So even in waterless systems, some form of manual flushing is often recommended. It is essential that the simple action of cleaning is performed regularly, with a mixture of water and cleaning chemical solution.
- Public places such as parks, shopping complexes, offices of various companies, etc
- Educational institutions , schools and colleges
- New residential projects involving multi-towers of houses
- Government offices
- Tourist spots all over the world
- Airports , railway stations, bus terminals, auto stands
- Villages in the rural area
- Army, Navy and air-force stations
The Aerobic composting is carried out with the help of Oxygen that is why shuffling or mixing is necessary.
No, if the Brown waste is not to be included and Vegetable waste is cut manually then shredder is not required (Food waste is always cut before cooking ),In that case cocopeat can be added as a moderator.
It acts like a moderator ,does not allows the process to stink
The fibrous part of the vegetable waste is slow degrading material .The protein part of vegetables get decomposed fast but fibers remain as such for long time .These fibers hinders the mixing and there is a possibility of becoming anaerobic and so smelling .so to get homogenous mass food must be cut in small pieces .
Considering 15 Kg or Lt waste per day, about 325 Lt is the total volume of 15 days .In addition to that, brown waste will be added So the cage is expected to get filled in about 15 – 20days .Then the second cage will be started so at the end of 40 days the first cage will be emptied. Considering evaporation of water because of heat, this period will be extended to 60 days also .
If we want to escalate ,simply increase one more cage. The size of the cage is decided considering its easy operation